As the CBD industry grows, the availability of products and vast product selections for consumers are practically endless. One of the most popular methods of taking CBD is through edibles. Edibles provide long-lasting effects that can help you get through the day. As users become more comfortable with incorporating CBD into their daily routines, many will begin experimenting with different recipes, including making their own CBD butter. CBD butter is easy to make and is a great way to help you adhere to your specific dosing and dietary needs when cooking or baking with CBD.
What is CBD?
CBD, otherwise known as Cannabidiol, is a chemical compound found naturally in cannabis plants such as marijuana or hemp. Unlike THC, CBD has no psychoactive properties and does not cause any feelings of intoxication or “high”.
Which CBD products are best to use to make butter?
When choosing which CBD product to use to make the CBD butter, the first step is deciding if you want to use full-spectrum or THC free CBD. Full-spectrum products contain all naturally occurring terpenes and cannabinoids, and include a trace amount of THC (.3% or less). For this option, we recommend the Oregon Trail CBD Hemp Flower, available in 7g or 28g loose flower jars. THC free products are made using pure CBD isolate and do not contain THC or terpenes or other cannabinoids. For THC free butter, the beeZbee CBD Isolate Powder is a popular option. The powder is available in 1g or 3g jars, with each gram containing 1000mg of CBD.
How much CBD should I use?
When making your own butter, you will want to measure out the CBD so you can have an idea of the potency. A general rule is to use a 1 stick of butter to 3 grams of hemp flower. It will be easier for you to measure out the appropriate amount of hemp flower or isolate powder if you have a scale. For hemp flower, it’s recommended to use 3 - 4 grams per stick of butter (the average CBD hemp flower strain has about 100mg per gram of flower). With this approach, each stick of butter will contain 300mg - 400mg of CBD. Since isolate powder is concentrated, you only need .3g - .4g for the same 300mg to 400mg. Use .3 - .4 grams of isolate powder per stick of butter. Before making your CBD infused butter, you’ll need to decarboxylate, or heat, the hemp flower or isolate powder.
What materials do I need?
– 1 Stick of Butter
– 1/2 Cup of Water
– 7 gram jar of Oregon Trail CBD Hemp Flower or 1 gram jar of beeZbee CBD Isolate Powder
– Mesh strainer or cheesecloth
– Baking Sheet
– Stockpot or Saucepan
– Scale (optional)
– Grinder (optional)
Step-By-Step Instructions For Brewing Your Butter
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Measure out 3 to 4 grams of hemp flower or .3 to .4 isolate powder.
- Once your oven is done preheating, heat the hemp flower or isolate powder in the over for 20 - 30 minutes to activate the cannabinoids.
- Remove the product from the oven. If using flower, grind the hemp flower coarsely with a grinder or by hand.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and 1 stick of butter into a stockpot or saucepan. Simmer on low and let the butter melt.
- Add your CBD product one the butter has melted. Continue to simmer on low heat for 2 - 3 hours. Stir occasionally making sure the butter doesn’t come to a full boil.
- Remove the butter from heat. If using hemp flower, use cheesecloth to strain the butter.
- Add to a container of your choice and refrigerate.
When using CBD infused butter, start with 1/4 teaspoon and then increase slowly to achieve the desired effects. Visit our blog for more products you can add to your recipes and order at shopcbdkratom.com and receive free shipping on orders of $35. For any questions, click here to schedule one-on-one product assistance with dedicated CBD experts.